Event sponsor: Tencent
Tencent Games is an Internet game developer and service provider based in Shenzhen City, one of the largest Internet companies inside China, Tencent Games runs the Chinese Servers of League of Legends and organizes several LoL tournaments in mainland China. However, Tencent Games also owns Riot Games
Relationship with Riot Games
Riot Games is the subsidary of Tencent Games with Tencent owns 100 percent of Riot's stake. In February 2011, Tencent paid $ 400 million for a 93 percent stake in Riot Games.Tencent bought the remaining 7 percent in December 16, 2015; the price was not disclosed.